Saturday, September 17, 2011

2011 Open Juried Exhibition, Photomedia Center

I'm delighted and honored that three of my photographs were selected for the 2011 Open Juried Exhibition of the Photomedia Center! The exhibition is devoted to small works, "to remind viewers of the level of detail that can be captured and the feeling of intimacy when you approach a small object."

The exhibition was juried by New Orleans-based artists Vanessa Brown and Jeff Louviere (Louviere+Vanessa), whose work combines film, photography, painting, and printmaking.

My work and that of six other artists will be exhibited from September 23, 2011 through October 31, 2011 at Glass Growers Gallery, 10 E. 5th Street, Erie, PA, 814-453-3758.

Dissolving moment

As that night began

Surfacing to the shadows

5 comments:

  1. All three of these are exceptionally good and would remain so whether displayed small or large.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jacki! Dissolving is outstanding!
    Long time since I've been on my blog, therefore on anybody's blog. Oops! I have a new entry if u want 2 check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These three are amazing - no surprise they were picked for display. They definitely have that quality of a lot being contained in a small space that somehow does not limit but rather expands your perceptions - provided you slow down and focus long enough to accept the invitation! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, G! I thought a lot about scale as I was preparing to submit to this exhibition, and it really expanded my sense of the possibilities of smallness.

    ReplyDelete