Monday, January 9, 2012

RayKo 5th Annual International Juried Plastic Camera Show

I'm honored and delighted to announce that my photograph, "To hold the meanings in my hands," will be included in the 5th Annual International Juried Plastic Camera Show at RayKo Gallery in San Francisco. The exhibition was juried by Ann Jastrab, M.F.A., who is a fine art photographer, master printer, teacher, and Gallery Director at RayKo Photo Center.


The show will run from January 18 through March 6. RayKo is located at 428 Third Street in San Francisco, and can be reached at 415-495-3773. There's an opening reception on Wednesday, January 18, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. - all are invited!

5 comments:

  1. When I first saw that image, I knew it was special. I am glad others do as well. And I'm happy that even more people will get to see it.
    Congrats, Jacki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing shot - so happy it was chosen and will be experienced by so many. It truly is more an experience than a mere captured image to view and admire. It has such strange intelligence, movement and emotion to it - way beyond successful composition or visual effects. Come to think of it, it really embodies the whole "falling through the lens" idea you describe at right, and goes further, actually bringing to life for the viewer what the photographer felt in that process...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, thank you so much! I'm so glad it connects with you.

    Gabriella, thank you so much! It's wonderful for me that you experience my process of "falling through the lens" in this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I love the image, and of course, always love your titles. Will you be attending the opening?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much, Carol! I'll be there. Will you?

    ReplyDelete