Thursday, June 25, 2015

Focus: Grayscale at Black Box Gallery

I'm honored and very pleased that my photograph, "To find the way back," will be included in the online annex of the exhibition, Focus: Grayscale at Black Box Gallery.


The exhibit runs from July 1 through July 20. Black Box Gallery is located at 811 East Burnside St. #212, Portland, Oregon 97214, and can be reached by phone at 503-804-5032.

An opening reception is scheduled for Friday, July 3, from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.

You can preview the gallery exhibition here, and the online annex is here.

The juror for Focus: Grayscale was artist Lauren Henkin, who is also co-founder and co-editor of Tilted Arc, a journal on artistic practice and intention. 

8 comments:

  1. I feel as if nature's welding torch is trying to cut it's way through this darkness. Mesmerizing image. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jim - what a beautiful metaphor!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Beautiful image! To me it looks like extraterrestrials are "sucking" in the tree & the tree is resisting! (No, I don't like scifi movies!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Eleni! Sucking through/with the beams of light? I so enjoy the ways that you see.

      Delete
  3. I find most of the online (versus in the gallery) much better! This time, I think of the rabbit hole in the Alice in Wonderland story. Like one finds magic on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely of you to say! And I always hope to find that magic :-)

      Delete
  4. Yes, the beam of light is "sucking in" the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I see it! Thank you for explaining.

      Delete