Wednesday, January 18, 2017

New resource for 127 film photography

Just in time for 127 Day, I've launched a new resource for 127 film photography, 127 Film.

127 Day comes three times a year.
  • January 27 (1/27, in American-style notation)
  • July 12 (12/7, in European-style notation)
  • December 7 (12/7, in American-style notation)

It's a day to remind ourselves to take out those quirky old cameras that use 127 film - and make pictures with them!

The next 127 Day is almost here - Friday, January 27, 2017. If you use 127 film, or you've considered using 127 film, or you have a dusty old 127-format camera in the back of your closet, this is the time to get ready to make 127-format pictures!

I invite you to send me one picture taken on 127 film on Friday, January 27. There are more details here. I'll publish all of the pictures I receive - hopefully from around the world.


I also plan to publish:
  • reader questions - all readers are invited to respond to questions in the comments section
  • photographs and/or series of photographs made on 127 film
  • articles about 127 film photography.
Images of nudity, violence, or exploitation will not be published on the site.

I welcome your comments, suggestions, and 127 film photographs at 127FilmFormat ~at~ gmail.com.I look forward to enjoying this format together.

2 comments:

  1. How cool is this?!
    Please don't make me buy any more cameras on eBay.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jim! You mean you, of all people, don't have *any* 127 cameras? I'm afraid I can't comment on that :-)

      Delete